Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Weddings in Woodinville


I'm settling back into my routine after a busy week of organizing for the Weddings in Woodinville event. Happily, it proved to be a lovely and well-attended occasion that I hope to participate in again in the future. I was showing at the JM Cellars location and had the pleasure of meeting the owners there (John and Peggy Bigelow). They have a beautiful space that is warm and very genuine feeling. I'm trying to come up with an occasion that justifies renting it out myself...15th wedding anniversary party, maybe?

The whole place was organized and decorated to the nines by M.G. Davis Events, so that visiting guests could easily envision themselves at their own wedding celebration, and get ideas that they'd like to incorporate. The flowers, which were done by Scarlet Blooms, were unbelievably beautiful. Again...wish I had some occasion coming up to hire them for. Guests were shuttled around from one venue to the next in style by my friends at Butler Valet, so that no one had to deal with parking their cars or worry about how much wine they were sipping along the way.

I'm sorry that I didn't get better photos of everything, but in packing all of my stuff I didn't have room for anything but my little point and shoot camera. Which explains the unfortuate lighting of this shot:

This was my little display. I had over 40 different examples of wedding favor soaps in varying colors, ribbons, fonts, and vintage images for guests to peruse and sniff. It was great being nestled in amongst the rows of wooden wine barrels that JM Cellars uses to age their tasty creations. Oh yeah...I got to sip wine all day too. It was rough!



0 comments: