Friday, December 4, 2009

SheGyver Tip #1

I came up with a word to describe a lady who is resourceful and uses a multitude of materials and methods (sometimes off-beat) to accomplish a task...SheGyver. Do you all remember watching McGyver on TV in the 80s? I do. I was always impressed with his ability to come up with a creative way to make things work.

My first SheGyver Tip: If you're away on vacation and staying in a condo or rental house that has a washer and dryer, and you need to do just ONE load of laundry, but can't (or don't want to) buy a whole box of laundry detergent, what can you do? Use a cheese grater to shred one of the little bars of guest soap! Before synthetic detergents, all laundry was done using soap. I use shredded soap all the time for our family's laundry because I have such a plentiful supply of soap pieces. It works great and is also biodegradable!

Do you have a SheGyver tip to share?

0 comments: